1940's Woolf was incorporated as an Illinois Company
Julian Woolf founded Woolf Distributing in the 40's in Libertyville, Illinois. Operating out of a 14,000 square foot warehouse, Woolf developed a strong following through the ensuing decades by delivering reliable and excellent service to the lumberyard trade.
1984 Ownership Change
John Weaver, a Woolf employee, invited Craig Steagall to join him in purchasing Woolf in March of 1984. During the following 10 years, with the assistance of some very dedicated employees, Woolf grew out of the original Libertyville warehouse and expanded into operations on the North side of Chicago, in Mundelein, and the south side of Chicago in Joliet. From the 2 million in sales in 1984, the company embarked upon a dramatic sales growth and territory expansion. The Peoria Branch was opened in 1989 and the St. Louis operation followed in1994.
1994 Ownership Change
John moved onto other business opportunities with Craig purchasing John's share of Woolf. Woolf opened the Appleton Wisconsin operation in 1998. During this time, Craig Loomis joined Woolf as a partner and CFO, in addition to his responsibilities as Branch Manager for St. Louis and Peoria.
2003 and on
Woolf, with operations in 3 states and a staff of long time, dedicated personnel in each facility, continues the tradition of service and reliability set forth in the 40's by Julian Woolf. Woolf's fleet of delivery vehicles and 14 sales representatives cover all or part of 6 states from 4 Branch locations. With over 450,000 square feet of warehouse space, Woolf is able to provide reliable service and on time delivery.